Detailed description - Jones Apollo snowboard bindings
- The Apollo binding is designed for the expert freerider who demands unmatched edge control, response and comfort. What sets the Apollo apart is the Flax Carbon highback that features a wide upper section that locks in your boot top on toe side turns. Matching the ultra responsive highback with Skatetech technology offers a binding that will react to your every muscle twitch with lightning fast accuracy. The Apollo can be set up in Surf mode or Freeride mode by switching bushings and swapping the Flip-It ankle straps. Surf mode offers maximum tweak-ability, Freeride mode offers maximum response. New for 22/23, the Apollo features our new Hanger 3.0 and Power Spine Ankle Straps. The Hanger 3.0 is wider for high volume boots and has an expanded bushing footprint for even better energy transfer. The wide bottom section of the Power Spine Strap is softer for enhanced comfort and the center spine is stiffer for ultimate response.
- the Now Skate Tech system works like a skateboard truck and enhances board control + reduces foot fatigue by transferring energy input directly from the binding to the board edges through a dynamic design.
- Hanger 2.0 and 3.0 - Hanger pivots on the Kingpin like a lever allowing lightning fast edge-to-edge energy transfer. True baseless design that delivers the most even board flex of any binding on the market.
- The Kingpin is the fulcrum that the Hanger pivots on. Design magnifies energy transfer and enhances board response through leverage.
- The Post attaches the hanger to the kingpin and is the connection between binding and board.
- Bushings are the primary binding contact point and offer customizable response and dampening (Surf Mode and Freeride Mode).
- Nylon, recycled carbon post - The Post attaches the hanger to the kingpin and is the connection between binding and board. Made from nylon and recycled carbon, the post is super light and durable.
- Flushcup technology - Free your feet and and feel true surf vibes by riding without a highback on the super deep powder days.
- Features Freeride/Surf mode bushings - Bushings are the primary binding contact point and offer customizable response and dampening. Surf mode: soft bushing - white. Freeride mode: hard bushing - black.
- Response Tri-Foam foot pillow - Premium full length foam footbed made with three different densities of EVA foam. The heel + toe are soft for max comfort, the center is mid-stiff for precise response and the bottom of the footbed is stiff for solid support.
- Universal Mounting Disk - Compatible with 4x2, 4x4 and EST/Channel New - All Jones bindings include a mounting disc compatible with traditional 4x4 inserts, 2x4, and the EST/Channel mounting system.
- Hanger 3.0 - Nylon reinforced with 30% fiberglass New - New binding hanger design featuring a wider bushing footprint that's closer to the edges for enhanced board connection and faster energy transfer. The Hanger 3.0 is also lighter weight and has a lower inner lateral wall for better ankle mobility and high volume boot fit.
Mounting discs: 4x4, 4x3, EST
- surf mode 7/10
- freeride mode 10/10
Highback flex: 9/10
Jones bindings offer customizable dampening and response by switching between Surf Mode and Freeride Mode. Surf Mode lets you tweak harder, while Freeride Mode keeps you locked in for maximum response.