Detailed description - Jones Solution Splitboard
- The ultimate all-condition split. The Solution is the ultimate all-terrain splitboard and delivers unrivaled backcountry performance in any snow condition. Featuring a directional freeride shape, directional rocker profile and a mid-stiff flex, the Solution is playful in soft snow, yet confidence inspiring on steep, hard snow. We’ve completely redesigned the Solution’s shape for 2021 by adding more taper and a 3D Contour Base 3.0. The tapered shape sinks the tail in pow for better float and the 3D Contour Base makes every turn more fluid and effortless. For added response the Solution is built with our premium Ultra core, Flax/Basalt Power stringers and an ECO-plastic topsheet. The Solution also features the Boltless Bridge plus Karakoram Ultra Clips and Tip-Lock Tip Clips for unmatched torsional board lock and Inner/Outer Traction Tech 3.0 for added edge grip going up or down.
- Inside and outside Traction Tech 2.0 - Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Progressive sidecut - At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- QuickTension Tail Clip - Built-in climbing skin tension system using pre-cut notch that eliminates the need for a traditional skin tail clip.
- Boltless Bridge - The Boltless Bridge eliminates split clip attachment hardware from the base of the board by re-profiling the wood core at the clips. The wood core under the clips is thicker, providing better torsional stiffness and a more powerful connection at the split clips.
- Tapered shape 12,5 mm - The tapered shape sinks the tail in pow for better float and quicker turns.
- Blunt nose - How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight. - Jeremy Jones.
- Profile Directional Rocker - a hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- Base Sintered 9900 - Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- Wend Natural Wax - Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Karakoram Ultra Clips - Ultra clips are the strongest, lowest profile splitboard clips in the world. They deliver unmatched compression between board halves and they are adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages.
- Karakoram Tip Lock clips - Every splitboarder knows the feeling - you drop into a firm line and your tip clip pops open! Never again. Using Active Joining Technology, the Karakoram Tip-Lock tip clips quickly lock and clamp the tips of your splitboard with the flick of the lever.
- Triax fiberglass - Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Bio Resin - Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organicc raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less reenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Forever Flex - Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Power Basalt Stringers - Sustainable strength. Basalt stringers are made with 100% natural fibers and help transfer power to the edges, improve torsional response and absorb board chatter.
- Textured Eco-plastic topsheet - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans featuring a subtle texture for added durability. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet).
- Ultra Split Core - Dual density premium wood core made of mostly paulownia with specially positioned poplar stringers for better durability and turn power.
Shape & Profile
3D Contour Base 3.0 split
Riding style: freeride
Profile: directional rocker
Width: standard, wide
Base: Sintered 9900
Flex: stiff 8/10
Core: FSC™ Power Core